Whilst we want every single person who attends our shows to have fun and enjoy their day; there are rules that must be followed to ensure we keep everyone safe. Anyone who is found not to be following these rules will be asked to leave the show ground immediately.
DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY: The Trustees, organisers, Urmston & District Riding Club, Committee, or any persons acting on their behalf, will not accept responsibility for any accident, loss, damage, injury or illness to horses, owners, riders or spectators or any person, animal, or property whatsoever from any cause.
1. Membership to Urmston & District Riding Club is open until the 30th April 2020. Members will not be eligible to join our club after this date. Membership ages are as follows: LR 10 years and under, FR 10 years to 12 years, Junior 12 years to 18 years and senior 18 years and older; all dates as of the 01st January in the current year.
2. Hard hats to be worn by all riders on the field at all times and in all events.
3. Whips exceeding 30 inches are not allowed in any event.
4. Riders are requested not to gallop their animals amongst other horses and spectators.
Persistent offenders will be asked to leave the showground, and no entry monies will be refunded.
5. The Judge's decision is FINAL
6. Competitors must enter the ring when requested to do so, or failure to comply may lead to elimination from the class. If for any reason a competitor is unable to enter the ring when called, it is their responsibility to see that the ring steward and judge are informed of the circumstances.
7. The Committee reserve the right to amalgamate classes with less than 6 entries.
8. Entry fees will only be refunded in the event of a class being cancelled.
9. All colts must be handled by an adult; otherwise they will be requested to leave.
10. Competitors entering the class are the only people permitted in the ring.
11. The decision of the committee is final and biding on all matters.
12. Entry fees must be paid before any rider or horse enters the ring.
13. Non-members cannot win any cup, trophy or shield. Trophies will only be awarded to 1st place. If the 1st place winner is not a member of the club then the trophy will be held by the club until next year. Trophies will not be awarded to 2nd or 3rd place etc.
14. Any complaint or objection must be made in writing to the show secretary within 24 hours of the incident and to be accompanied by a deposit of £10.00, which will be refunded if the complaint or objection is upheld.
15. On any one day, a horse may be entered only once in any class.
16. Any competitor who in the opinion of the committee is not in control of any animal will be asked to leave the showground. All dogs must be kept on a lead.